1. People are your greatest asset – bad employees are a cancer. Get rid of them!
2. Networking/contacts/friends are key. Recruit agents are useless and expensive.
3. Build a great company/culture/product – have fun & innovate
4. Raise lots of money. You will need it! Better overspend than under.
5. Choose your VC or investor wisely. Angels are silent money, VC are sharks) – never give bank guarantees
6. Be careful of partners – start as you mean to go on- Don’t let them take advantage.
7. Don’t be afraid of taking on the US
8. Be prepared. It will be 10x harder and 10x as much money than you think.
9. Be flexible and sow lots of seeds – if you hang around long enough you will find opportunities.
10. Never, ever, EVER give up. No matter what.